Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Wellness Services
Finley Hospital's Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center is an outpatient program designed to assist those with heart disease or lung disease with an individualized treatment to resume normal life function.
Key components to success are exercise and lifestyle modification education.
Early Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
Cardiac Rehabilitation typically begins one to six weeks after discharge from the hospital for heart surgery, a heart attack, angioplasty, stent replacement or stable angina. This program emphasizes reducing heart disease risk-factors through focused education, counseling and exercise.
Sessions are conducted one to three times per week. The length of the program is individualized based upon physician preference and the clients need.
The primary goals of this program are:
- Help you understand and cope with pulmonary (lung) disease
- Control symptoms of pulmonary disease
- Enhance quality of life by reducing anxiety
- Reduce hospitalizations by helping you learn to manage your own care
- Build endurance to help you function at an independent and comfortable level
Sessions are conducted twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The length of the program is individualized based upon physician preference and the clients need.
The primary goals of this program are to improve physical fitness, promote a feeling of well-being and reduce the risk of health problems in the future.
Cost of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
Most third party insurance providers cover up to 100 percent for a predetermined number of sessions.
Medicare recipients are entitled to 80 percent coverage and their supplemental insurance carrier will provide the remaining 20 percent for up to 36 sessions.
Uninsured clients will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Cost of Wellness Program
The Wellness program is not covered by the majority of insurance providers. There is a nominal fee for each session.