Who is a Candidate for Home Healthcare?
- Anyone who is about to be discharged from a hospital or nursing home and needs additional care. Examples include: shortness of breath, pneumonia, aftercare-Surgery trauma, joint replacement, medication management, wound care, heart problems, diabetes, wound vac, COPD and emphysema.
- Anyone who is frail, ill or disabled and needs extra help to live independently at home.
- Anyone with a chronic health problem, such as congestive heart failure, kidney disease, diabetes or respiratory disease.
- Anyone who is recovering from outpatient surgery and needs short-term assistance at home.
- Anyone who has given birth and could benefit from follow-up care for themselves and their infant.
- Anyone who is terminally ill and wants to die in dignity and comfort at home.
- Children with health concerns.
Reasons to Make a Home Care Referral
- COPD/CHF/new diabetic/uncontrolled diabetic
- Multiple meds/med changes/med instruction
- 60-day re-admit/multiple admits/multiple ER visits
- Wound care
- PT/INR - lovenox bridging
- Failure to thrive/Falls
- Cellulitis/osteomyelitis - IV antibiotics and lab draws
- In-home safety evaluation/In-home therapy
- Chronic condition
- 6-months or less life expectancy
From Hospital to Home
Operating as a department of The Finley Hospital, Finley Home Healthcare ensures continuity of care from the hospital to home. Every effort is made to provide a smooth hand-off from one care phase to the next. There is connection between services and communication efficiencies in place to ensure quality care and patient comfort. Hospitalization, however, is not a requirement for a referral to home care services. We accept referrals from you, a family member, your physician or a social worker.
Make a Referral
If you or someone you know can benefit from the convenience and comfort of Finley Home Health Care, call us at (563) 583-5833 or toll-free at 877-413-1295. Finley Home Healthcare staff is available to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding home healthcare services. We welcome the opportunity to serve your healthcare needs.